The Dust Bowl is part of the American Story, causing a great wave of westward migration. It brought additional challenges to many people already struggling with the Great Depression, but ultimately played a large role in shaping the music and culture of the American West - my home.
Our debut amplifier pays homage to that era with old-school rustic looks, construction, and sound. The Dust Bowl is perfect for a variety of headphones from dynamics from Sennheiser or Grado to planars from Audeze or HifiMan.
Due to it's parafeed design, the Dust Bowl allows for selecting full primary (high Z) or half primary (low Z), allowing for selecting an appropriate output impedance, on the fly.
Every Dust Bowl includes the following:
- Alps Blue Velvet potentiometer
- Industrial grade switches
- High quality solid copper core wiring
- Large, audio-grade power supply capacitors and choke
- High quality Jantzen output capacitors
- Vishray/Dale audio class resistors
- Hand soldered, point to point wiring
- Two 6C45P-I/E NOS or new production tubes
- Hand cut, assembled, and finished solid wood skirt
- Hand trimmed, drilled, and finished 6061 aluminum top plate, 10x12x1/8" in size
- Custom, hand cut solid wood knob and 3D printed grommet
- Your choice of Red Oak or Mahogany (+$150) skirt and volume knob
We can also accommodate some non-audio customization requests, such as moving RCA inputs and volume knob to the left side, badge placement or customization, etc... all free of charge. If you'd like something, just ask before ordering.
Highlights (with new production Sovtek 6C45P-I tubes)
- Output impedance 30 ohm (Low-Z) and 92 ohm (High-Z)
- Max output before clipping (20 ohm load) 678 mW
- Max output before clipping (100 ohm load,) 213 mW
115VAC is the default voltage and will include a USA-style IEC power cable. 230VAC includes a UK-style three prong Type-G power cable.
The Dust Bowl is built-to-order and current lead time is 2-4 weeks for all options. Additional customization may add to lead time.